"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Friday, March 18, 2011

A Week Of Meals (Now All You Have To Do Is Cook Them....)

I have had several people ask my for my "meal plans". As in, the recipes I am going to cook for the week.

So I am going to give you a week of meals. Well, ok, not really. I am going to give you a week of recipes. You have to make the meals. (You know, the whole "give a man a fish" vs. "teach him to fish" thing......)



Now, I am not going to assign days to the meals, because I don't like people telling ME what to eat on a certain day. (I also don't like when people take food off my plate without asking first. The people I run with will attest to this. When I'm hungry after a run, it is downright dangerous to take food off my plate. You could DIE.)

So here they are, your week of meals, in no particular order (except that I assigned numbers to each of them........ I can't help it. It seems tidier that way. I have problems, I know....)

Day #1

Day #2

Day #3
  • Crock Pot Salsa Chicken (I usually omit the black beans, Wade isn't a huge bean fan)
  • Tortillas (here is how to make your own)
  • Fresh Fruit

Day #4

Day #5
  • Baked Potatoes with toppings (beans, broccoli, salsa, sour cream, cheese, bacos, leftover shredded chicken)
  • Fresh Fruit
  • Green Salad

Day #6
  • Grilled Chicken (I like to season mine with olive oil and Mrs. Dash or Emeril's Essence before throwing it on the grill)
  • Steamed Brown Rice
  • Roasted Asparagus (Put one pkg. frozen asparagus spears on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast at 400 for about 15 minutes)

Day #7

Well, now that's it! Oh yeah, except for the cooking part, but you've got that covered! :)

Have a happy Friday!!

DINNER TONIGHT:
Leftovers (sad and boring, but true......)

No comments:

Post a Comment