"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Sunday, March 20, 2011

In Honor of the LA Marathon...... Pics From MY first Marathon!!

So, the LA Marathon took place this morning!! LA is where I did MY first marathon, back in 2007!!


Here are the friends at the pre-race pasta dinner!! My sweet friend Amber, on my left in this photo, ran her first race as well, she did the 5k! (She is now a totally seasoned marathon runner, cyclist, and mommy!) She came with me to be my marathon buddy, she calmed my nerves down and encouraged me a lot! This group of friends is the REASON I was able to complete my first marathon. They are AWESOME!!


My friend Karen and I at the dinner


Right before the race started.....


My sister Misti and I, right after I finished! I totally wore that dorky hand headband the entire race! I figured it would give the spectators something to smile about, make it easier to find me for my family members too!! I would jiggle my head from side to side and make the hands "clap" if I wanted people to cheer for me!


Also, in the background of this photo, are my friend Rachel and her daughter Aubrey. Several of my friends came to support me and cheer for me on race day. They even bought me a trophy, and a necklace for doing my first marathon. I never forgot how much it meant to me to have their support. It meant the world to me. It spurs me on, even now, to always make an effort to go to other people's races to support, and cheer and encourage them! Thanks to my sweet, amazing friends and my sister! :)  You guys made this special race even more special!

And congrats to everyone who completed in the LA Marathon today, whether it was your first marathon, or your 100th, you did something amazing and outstanding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment