"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Friday, October 21, 2011

Mouth- Watering Crock Pot Pot Roast

I really just wanted to type pot pot to see if anyone thought it was a typo. Ha ha.

I have to apologize in advance- I got so busy around dinner time that I forgot to take an "after" photo of the Pot Roast all served up on the plate!! But rest assured, it is delicious and will get rave reviews from your people!


PLEASE don't tell Wade that this recipe contains Cream of Mushroom soup!! He loathes mushrooms, yet loves this roast. (It makes me sad that I am the only mushroom lover in the house. Here is what I don't get- the boys will eat CANDY CORN for Pete's sake, but not mushrooms!! Seriously??!)


Here's what you need:
  • Potatoes (either a small bag of red potatoes, or 3-4 baking potatoes peeled and cubed)
  • Carrots (I used a small bag of baby carrots
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (shhhhhhhh)
  • 2/3 soup can of milk
  • 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup mix
  • pot roast- I've used all different cuts, between 2.5-5 lbs. 
  • a handful of rosemary sprigs (optional, but good)



Throw the potatoes and carrots in the bottom of the crock pot. Plop the frozen meat-sicle on top. You can also use a thawed roast. I usually put mine in frozen, but I have put a thawed roast in and it works just fine!


Mix up the mushroom soup, milk, and onion soup. Pour over the top of  the meat.


Throw the rosemary sprigs in... and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

P.S....... when your dad gives you a roast from his side of beef, make sure there aren't little strings tied around the roast. Because those strings are not delicious. That is all.


I got this recipe from www.allrecipes.com

2 comments: