"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

4 Ingredient Peach Cobbler (so good, so easy, you may cry....)

So, something big happened in our house this week.

My oldest son got his DRIVER'S LICENSE!!!!!!

....I know what you're thinking. How on earth can I be old enough??!! (right? that IS what you were thinking, right???) Ha ha.

Anyhow, we had a few friends and family over to celebrate. So I decided to make something super yummy for dessert, and this fit the bill:

Ok, seriously, you have NO EXCUSE not to make this. It is ridiculously easy.

Here's what you need:

 One box of yellow cake mix, two cans (15.5 oz each) sliced peaches, one stick of butter, and cinnamon
First, dump the two cans of peaches, undrained, into a 9x13 pan, (spray the pan with Pam first)
Then, sprinkle the cake mix over the top.

......now you may need to take a little break. This recipe is very labor intensive. Have a cup of tea.

Ok, now get back to work!!

Pat the cake batter down over the peaches. Then, slice up the stick of butter and place the the slices over the top. Then sprinkle the whole thing lightly with cinnamon:



Now, bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes. I didn't preheat my oven, because I was distracted by my younger son and his two friends dragging mud into the house. So, apparently you don't need to preheat the oven. But I'll leave it up to you...........

This is best served warm with vanilla ice cream.

Actually, it would be best if you were the only one in your house and you could serve yourself the biggest, most ginormous piece ever. Because then no one could be shocked at how large an amount you could eat. And you could also have seconds if you wanted. But maybe that's just me........




Make. This. Today. :)

Dinner Tonight:
~Spinach and Three Cheese Calzone
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/spinach-and-three-cheese-calzone-recipe/index.html
~(Marinara Sauce to dip them)
~Salad
~Tangerines

7 comments:

  1. I'm making this tonight for our anniversary dessert. It seriously took me about 4 minutes to put it altogether. Jeff wanted me to throw in some blueberries. It's cooking right now. I'm excited. :) Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are going to like it. :) happy anniversary! I'm going to crank call you later.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shari, I'm about to cry....had my sister and her boyfriend over for dinner tonight, and this dessert was perfect....it took so little time to make, I was able to squeeze in the actual assembly between the google reader entries of yours that I was showing my little sister! Haha. WE ALL loved it! THANKS for this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You HAVE to try it with the caramel apple pie filling next time.....it is definitely good too!!! I love when something easy tastes this good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. been making this for years.....We call it "Dump Cake" cuz you just dump everything into the backing pan! You can use peaches or apple pie filling or cherry filling or .....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am making this now..I can smell the goodness from the kitchen. ..mmmmmm yum.! My husband is going to love it too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete