"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Success on the Downhill!!

So, today I went for a bike ride with my amazing husband. (He is so cute)

 (Here we are...... I'm the one with the less hairy arm.... )


It was a beautiful morning!!!!!!

(I LOVE when you can see palm trees and snowy mountains in the same shot!)

So, something GREAT happened on the ride today!!

I descended an ENTIRE hill without hitting my brakes! (this is a big deal for me..... I have been struggling with this, you can read about it here if you didn't already: Striving Against Fear )

When I got to the bottom, I was SO excited!! I have worked on this several times in the last few weeks, and this is my first "no brake" downhill since! (A quick side note- my Brother-in-Law Mike, who is a great cyclist, once FLEW down this hill, in the pre-dawn hours, on a ride we did together. I was terrified for him, and also in awe. So it's not a ridiculous hill, but still an accomplishment for me :) )

After the ride, we came home for lunch and I made some good grub:

 Salad, spinach with turkey, tomatoes, feta, and dried cherries, and whole wheat pita bread with hummus (I made that whole wheat pita bread! I'll show you how next week!!)
And some strawberries, blueberries, and tangerines (the tangerines are from our tree!! So good!)

So, needless to say, it's been a great morning!! Enjoy your Saturday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment