"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Baking Day..... A Few Days Late.....

So, I normally do baking day on Monday, but this week I had some things I had to take care of on Monday so I couldn't bake!!

So I decided to spend this afternoon in the kitchen!! I made banana bread, apple strudel muffins, and a batch of calzone for the freezer!

Here are the recipes, and some photos of each:

Banana Bread




Apple Strudel Muffins



These apple peeler/corer/slicer thingies ROCK!!










Spinach and Three Cheese Calzone

(I made these for the freezer, and froze them, unbaked, to bake later. I skipped the egg wash, the froze them- first individually on cookie sheets with cornmeal sprinkled on them so the calzone wouldn't stick. Then I put them into ziploc bags, 3 calzone per gallon sized ziploc. This way I can bake as few or as many as I'd like when I need them!)



























I also did my first speedwork session this afternoon- I will blog about it tomorrow!! It was HARD but I felt great afterward!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Shari!!!!!
    these all make my mouth water....but it's almost midnight, so i will refrain from attempting to satisfy my longing for an apple streusel muffin until tomorrow!!!
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The muffins are gooooooooooood!!! The smell amazing while you're baking them!

    ReplyDelete