"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Frozen Assets.....

So, today started out with a bike ride to Lake Perris. It was a great ride with good friends, a lot of laughter, and of course, breakfast afterward. :)

After that, I headed home and realized I had several hours of free time. I also had two loaves of bread and two cans of pie filling that I had purchased earlier this week for Christopher to take to a scout camping trip this weekend, and he ended up not needing them.

So I decided to start cooking, and make some things to freeze for later. I started with some french toast:






(I freeze them in ziploc bags in sets of two. Then you can microwave them for about a minute and a half and they're ready!)

I had a few pieces of bread left over, so I made a few Uncrustables:


A couple of whole wheat pizza crusts

And a Cheeseburger Noodle Casserole:



I also made the "4 Ingredient Peach Cobbler", but with Caramel Apple Pie filling for dessert tonight...... it was AWESOME!!!!!!






It was a great day! I am looking forward to tomorrow- a trail run on the Pacific Crest Trail!!

Don't forget to set your clocks forward an hour!

2 comments:

  1. What lovely labels you have, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you.... I just had them done....... hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete