"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Oven- Roasted Greek Potatoes

Have you ever tried to do one of those low-carb diets?

Wade and I did Atkins one time. For a week. ..well, actually, I SAID I was doing it for a week, but I started eating carbs again on the second day. I made some pudding from a recipe in the Atkins diet book. It had a whole bunch of artificial sweetener in it, so the first part that hit your tongue tasted so good....

....but then something went horribly wrong. It was AWFUL!!!!!

I immediately decided that this diet wasn't for me. But Wade was liking it, and wanting to continue. So I would sneak candy, and bread, and fruit when he wasn't looking.

Then Wade discovered my deception. I was shoving two pieces of See's candy into my mouth and he walked up behind me, and yelled, "I KNEW IT!!"

....seriously, he should have known me better. There's no way I could ever live without carbs. Not that I would even try now that I train for endurance races. I can't imagine how that would feel, but I am thinking it would be terrible. I'll never know, because I have no plans to EVER give up carbs.

In celebration of the glorious carb.... here's a GREAT and EASY potato recipe!


Here's what you need:
8 potatoes, peeled and cut into large wedges (about 6-7 per potato)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup water
1 Tb dried oregano
1 lemon
sea salt



Put the potato wedges into a 9x13 pan that's been coated with Pam. Squeeze the lemon over the top. Then pour in the olive oil, water, and garlic.


Sprinkle the oregano over the top:


Then give the potatoes a generous sprinkling of sea salt. Bake at 425 for 40 minutes, then flip the potatoes. Bake for another 30-40 minutes, until nice and golden brown. Your house will smell AMAZING!

I served these with rosemary roasted chicken. Perfect combo! If you have any leftovers, they are GREAT with eggs for breakfast!

I got this recipe from www.food.com 

4 comments:

  1. I thank you. Been stumbling around the kitchen, trying to decide what to make. I just did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are truly the best potatoes, ever! And I'm married to an Irishman who loves his potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use chicken broth instead of water. These are our favorite potatoes..

    ReplyDelete