"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Thursday, February 24, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pizza, Leaks, and Blooms........



This pizza is good.

Really good.

You should make it, because you already have the crust made, right?? :) You DID make whole wheat pizza dough already, didn't you? (check out yesterday's post if you missed it!! )

(so I showed the kids all the pizza photos, and they declared this one to look the most delicious) (poor them, having a crazy mom who makes them look at photos of food) :)




So here's what you need to make it!



Pizza dough for one crust (either half of the recipe from yesterday, or you could buy ready-made dough or a ready to bake crust), 1 chicken breast (mine's in the container chopped up because I already had it cooked when I took the pic), 2 tomatoes, your favorite BBQ sauce, mozzarella or monterey jack cheese, and cilantro. If you live with people that like red onion (and if you do... LUCKY!) red onion is great on this pizza!

So first, you want to cook one chicken breast. I just throw mine in a pan, slap some BBQ sauce on top, cover it with foil, and bake it at 375 for 45 minutes:



Then chop it up and it's ready to go!!

(also, I usually chop up the tomatoes and grate the cheese earlier in the day so that when it's time to make dinner, it's all ready to assemble. You don't have to do that, just an idea...)

Ok, so now you want to get out a pizza pan or a pizza stone and spray it with Pam(and also preheat the oven to 400 degrees):



(ok, am I the only one who is entirely sicked out by pizza stones?? They look gross after you use them ,and you can't scrub them with dish soap..... but whatever. They make great pizza, so I use one. It still sort of gives me the heebeejeebees though)

I thawed my pizza dough on the counter for about 5 hours, then stuck it in the fridge until right before I was ready to use it. So plop the pizza dough on the stone or pan, and roll/pat it out to the edges of the pan. If it doesn't stay put (like, it keeps shrinking back up) let it rest for a few minutes, then try again.:









Then take your favorite BBQ sauce (this is my favorite I LOVE it!)



(you are getting hungry...... veeeerrrry hungry.......)
Then I put it in sort of spiral pattern around the pizza and spread it all over. I don't like tons of sauce, but do it however you like it!

Then I put half the cheese, then the toppings, then the other half of the cheese. I would say I do about 3 cups of shredded cheese, one chopped chicken breast, two tomatoes (if they're a decent size). I save a few tomatoes to put on top of the last layer of cheese. The cilantro goes on after the pizza bakes.




(My cheese grater is so old and broken. I should really get a new one.)

So now you want to bake it for about 25-30 minutes....just keep an eye on it after 25 minutes. Don't let the cheese get too brown but you want the crust to brown slightly.

Ok, I took a ridiculous number of pictures. Hilarious.






By the way, I think the kitchen sink is fixed. My husband crawled under there last night after dinner and started taking apart the garbage disposal (that is SUCH a guy thing- nothing would posses me to take apart something like that) and  he was like, "oh, clearly it's the blah-diddy-blah flange and the do-hicky thingy here!" (ok, ok that's not what he actually said, but that's what I heard) So now I just have to leave all the kitchen stuff out on the floor until tonight to make sure it's really fixed and then I can put it all back. Whew!!

....and also.... LOOK!! My apricot tree is blooming- it's SO gorgeous!!





Have a nice day!!

P.S.- I cannot get the "dinner tonight" box thing to cooperate so I will just post the dinner tonight at the end of each blog entry!

Thursday-
Vegetable Chowder (from freezer cooking day!)
French Bread
Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment