"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Monday, August 1, 2011

8/1 Baking Day- Photos and Recipes

Have you ever seen the movie "Throw Mama From the Train"?

It's a comedy with Danny DeVito. I always thought it was HILARIOUS!!! (Of course, that was before I watched it on DVD- I had always seen the television version- there were a few scenes that were definitely edited for TV!)

Anyhow, there is a guy trying to begin writing a book. He is looking for that perfect first line. He wanted it to start "The night was..........". And he couldn't come up with anything catching. Finally, this cantankerous old woman snaps, "The night was sultry!".


.....it was perfect.

So, anyhow, the reason I bring up that movie is to say... it is SULTRY here. Hot, sticky, rainy..... sultry.

Not baking weather. Yet, it's Monday. Baking day. So I baked.

The males in the house had to split and stack wood. So I (by FAR) got the better deal. I had a/c and a fan.

Here's what I made! (By the way, the text that is blue in color is a link to the recipe. Click on it. I have gotten a few emails that I am not posting the recipes, and I can see how that could be confusing if you don't know about the colored text being a link. :) )



I sliced, bagged, and froze bananas for protein shakes. Here are a few of my favorite recipes:


I made a batch of Soft Chewy Wrap Bread, some of which I used to make lunch. I filled them with turkey, shredded lettuce, Parmesan cheese, diced tomatoes, and Caesar dressing. Yum.

Two loaves of Amish White Bread.


A batch of chocolate chip cookies. Now, I have been making chocolate chip cookie BARS, but Wade insists that they are NOT the same (or as good) as cookies. Even though they have the same ingredients. Wade is silly. But cute, so I tolerate the silliness. Here's the recipe I used: Big Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (Which are better than bars and not the same. In case you didn't know.)


Then I did a batch of whole wheat Pita bread. I ate one for snack with hummus. Here's that recipe: Whole Wheat Pita Bread. Don't burn your hand. (I know that seems like an unnecessary comment. It isn't.)



I made a batch of Black Beans and Quinoa for lunches this week- I LOVE this stuff!! When I have a lot of extra calories from a longer workout day, I like to add a little shredded cheese and some low fat sour cream to the top!

I hard-boiled some eggs for the week...

Last, I made some scones for breakfasts... the front row are blueberry, and the back row are chocolate chip. I will post the recipe this week!

Have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment