"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My New Favorite Running Aid....

Ok, every once in a while I find something that is SO great I have to tell everyone about it!

It's called "The Stick"



Awesome. Amazing.

I have struggled with IT band issues for several years (here is more about IT band issues), especially when I run hills. I have usually used a foam roller to help alleviate some of the pain, but The Stick is SO MUCH BETTER because you don't have to hold yourself up and try and balance like you do when using a foam roller. If I leave The Stick out where I can see it, I will remember to work on whatever is tight- my IT band, hamstring, calf, quad.... you name it!

I have noticed a huge improvement!! If you struggle with issues due to tight/strained muscles after runs or rides, I would totally suggest trying The Stick!! I got mine at my local running shop, they are also sold on Amazon.

Happy running!

1 comment:

  1. Um, I don't get it. :( I followed the link for the I-T injuries, but I can't figure out how it could help shin splints. Can you explain?

    Leslie/NUOY

    ReplyDelete