"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Monday, August 22, 2011

8/22 Baking Day- Photos and Recipes

I woke up rested this morning.

Mondays are the day of the week I get to sleep in. <Insert angels singing here>

One of my favorite things is to go down and make coffee and sit out in the backyard, looking out at the sky. This morning it was gorgeous- clouds all over, blue sky, and green trees.

It is good to do that, you know? Have a routine with something that you look forward to. I love Monday mornings.

Plus, Monday is baking day- another thing to look forward to!! Here's what I made:

Hot, Buttered Mall Pretzels. And I made some into Pretzel Bites. I will post the recipe tomorrow, but let me tell you...... These. Are. Amazing. Wade went on and on about them. The boys loved them. My dad said I needed to immediately make another batch and give them all to him. They were good. VERY good. You can make them for the week and reheat in the microwave for snacks!



I made a double batch of waffles for the freezer. I usually make these Multigrain Waffles, but the boys requested Eggo Waffle- like waffles, so I made this Waffle recipe instead. We had some for breakfast, then I cooled them completely, and put them in sandwich sized Ziploc bags (two per bag) and stuck them in the freezer. They can go straight from the freezer to the toaster in the morning for a quick breakfast!! Wade likes to take them to work, toasted and sandwiched with peanut butter. They are yummy!!


Oh my. I made this for lunches this week- it is Curried Mango Quinoa Salad. I will post this recipe later this week. It is GREAT!! I think it would be good with some chicken added too- I may try that too!!


I sliced bananas and bagged the for the freezer for smoothies. We have really been going through them lately, mostly because I have been having more protein smoothies after my workouts!! I have been enjoying them!!


For lunches, I made a batch of these yummy M&M cookies. I used this cookie recipe, but substituted about half a large bag of milk chocolate M&Ms for the chocolate chips. Wade was happy- he LOVES M&Ms. I may try these again in the future with pretzel M&Ms. Oh yeah.



Then I made yet ANOTHER batch of Whole Wheat Pita Breads. I love them with hummus. I have been going through them lately, for snacks. I used two yesterday to make pizzas- just add some tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings! Easy and REALLY good!!


DINNER TONIGHT:
Steamed Rice
Grapes


No comments:

Post a Comment