"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chicken Florentine Artichoke Bake- Yummy One-Dish Dinner!

I love this casserole. I can make it up early in the day and stick it in the fridge to bake later, it's great left over, and everyone in my house likes it! Win!

Here's what you'll need: 
  • 8 oz. dried bow tie pasta
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 eggs
  • 1-1/4 cups milk
  • 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
  • 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
  • 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz.)
  • 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
  • 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
  • 1/2 cup oil-packed dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cook up the bow tie pasta- while that's cooking, in a large bowl, place the spinach, which has been drained well:

Add the chopped artichoke hearts:



The sun dried tomatoes- I like to buy the already sliced ones, because I am lazy.

Then the chicken (I cooked mine up earlier in the day, chopped it, and stuck it in the fridge until I made the casserole. Add the jack cheese.

In another bowl, whisk up the milk, eggs, garlic, and seasonings.

Dump that into the bowl and mix well.


Then empty the mixture into a greased 3 quart casserole dish, or a 9x13 pan if you don't have a casserole dish. (This reminds me of a story. One time, when we were first married and lived in a TINY house, we had a yard sale. I had some boxes of things we had gotten for our wedding that didn't fit into the miniscule kitchen- brand new bake ware, etc. As I walk out to the yard sale, I see people walking away with some of the boxes, exclaiming what a GREAT deal they had gotten!! WADE SOLD MY STUFF!! He sold an entire box of Pyrex casserole dishes for $5!!!!! I almost died! Then HE almost died!!)

Anyhow, back to the casserole. Now sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top, and cover with foil. At this point, you can bake it, or stick it in the fridge to bake later!

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes (If you're baking it right away) or 45 minutes (If it's been in the fridge for a while).

Enjoy!!

This recipe was adapted from http://www.bhg.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment