"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Monday, August 8, 2011

8/8 Baking Day- Photos and Recipes

I got a late start on baking day today.

Which is fine, since I have a good fan for the kitchen- it gets HOT in there!!

Wade, Christopher and my dad went deep sea fishing this morning- early. 4:00am. I woke up to see them off, and had a hard time falling back to sleep. So I was yawning while baking. I was already a bit tired from an early start yesterday- some friends and I went for a run on the beach. It was beautiful!!!! Sometimes it's worth being tired to get to experience stuff like that.

So here's what I made today!


A batch of Chocolate Brownie Larabars- have you made some of these yet?? They are really good, and a great afternoon treat when you're craving something sweet.


A batch of Pumpkin Seed, Cashew, and Almond Butter Energy Bars. I have been bringing these for my bike rides, and the boys love them as snacks!

A batch of Peanut Butter Granola Clusters for snacks- these are good!! I may take these for bike rides too.....

Then I made some Make Your Own Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars. These things and a cup of coffee..... oh yeah. I love these things.


And last, a loaf of No Knead, Super Easy 100% Whole Wheat Bread. I have been craving a big sandwich on this bread. I love it as toast too... with some apricot jam or cream honey.

I was so thankful tonight to have a few dinners left in the freezer. I threw a pan of Chicken Tetrazzini in the oven and made a quick salad. I am looking forward to hearing all of the fishing lies stories from the boys' fishing trip today!

Have a great week!

2 comments: