"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Crock Pot Coconut Curry Beef

I don't know what the weather is like where you live, but it's been HOT here.

It doesn't exactly promote cooking over a hot stove at dinner time.

So..... YAY for a great crock pot recipe!!


Here's what you need!
1-2 lbs. beef stew meat (I used 1.5 lbs)
1 onion, cut into chunks
1 can coconut milk
juice from one lime
2 Tb butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground coriander (I didn't have any so I left this out)
1 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp chili paste (or 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes)
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated (I used the kind in a jar)

I put my meat in the crock pot still frozen.


Stick the butter in the crock pot:
Then add the meat (or, in my case, the meatsicle):

Then pour/sprinkle the other stuff over the meat. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.When it's done cooking, stir it up, the sauce sort of separates and you need to mix it.

I served this with some steamed rice (the sauce is GREAT on the rice!) and some green beans that I sauteed with a bit of teriyaki sauce.

I got this recipe from http://www.crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment