"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Monday, July 25, 2011

7/25 Baking Day- Recipes and Photos (The gas was ON this time....)

So, today was baking day.
As I have stated in a previous post, "baking day" refers to more than just baking- it is basically the day that I spend several hours in the kitchen preparing things for the week.

Oh, and today, there were no surprises- the stove worked when I turned it on!! ...it's the little things that make me happy.......

So here's what I made today!



I made a double batch of these: Multigrain Blueberry Pancakes, we ate half for breakfast, then I bagged up the other half and put them in the fridge for breakfast this week!

We're still in the middle of apricot palooza here..... so I made another batch of this: Make Your Own Apricot Jam

I also took several pounds of apricots, halved and pitted them, then individually froze them on wax paper-lined cookie sheets.

After the apricots were frozen, I bagged them up so I have them to use later- either in jam or crisps/cobblers!


I made a batch of these: Peanut Butter Cookies for lunches this week- of course I used creamy peanut butter, because crunchy is gross.

...and of course we licked the bowl....

Then I made some of these: Homemade Smuckers Uncrustables- I used whole wheat bread and black raspberry jam...mmmmmm......

Then I made a double batch of these: Make Ahead Meatballs- I used ground turkey. I also took out about a pound of the mixture and made 4 patties so that we could have Turkey Burgers one night for dinner!


Last, I made a loaf of: Banana Bread... This will go in Wade's lunch for breakfast or a mid-morning snack. I'm sure the boys will bet a piece or two also.....



Have a great week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment