"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Baking Day 1/30 Recipes and Photos

I have been thinking a lot about food lately.

.....well, actually, that's nothing new. I always think a lot about food. Let me clarify. I've been thinking a lot about eating well.


Baking day, honestly, is a big part of eating well for me. I know some of the things I bake/cook aren't healthy. But many of the items are really nutritious. And when I'm busy and get hungry, I need something I can eat quickly- I can easily eat hundreds of calories without blinking if I'm hungry and get to the point of just sticking whatever is easiest into my face. If I have a whole wheat wrap, or some soup, or something that I can quickly heat and eat, I am so much more likely to eat well. Otherwise, I'll end up eating 5 cookies and then feeling sick and upset with myself.

Little things, like bagging up veggies or hard-boiling eggs, or making energy bars to have on hand make a HUGE difference for me. Especially on the days when I really give it a hard effort in my workouts. I get crazy hungry. I'm talking 300 pound linebacker hungry. (Those of you who have seen me eat are nodding in total agreement right now....)

Here's what I made on this week's baking day!


I made Sour Cream Banana Pancakes for breakfast, and did a double batch so I had extra to freeze. I bagged them up in pairs for the freezer.




I made some DIY frozen breakfast burritos!! I will blog a step-by-step tutorial this week- these are AWESOME, and super cheap to make, and so handy to have on hand!! They heat up in the microwave in a little over 3 minutes! 


I made a batch of  Better Than Lofthouse Sugar Cookies. Ok, seriously, these are a HUGE temptation for me. I LOVE this type of cookie. I only ate a few.



I had to laugh, I put one cookie on a plate for myself, to have as a treat at the end of the day. After I went upstairs to fold laundry, I came back down and found this:

....punks. But HILARIOUS punks. 


I bagged up some single servings of edamame (Soybeans) for lunches and snacks. I like them with a little salt sprinkled on the pods. Yum.


I made a batch of Quinoa and Black Beans for lunches this week- I love this stuff! I should be sick of it by now, but I'm not....


Then made a whole wheat flour batch of Soft Chewy Wrap Bread.... I have been eating the Quinoa and Black Beans in the wrap bread.... with avocado......


That was it for the day! Oh, and I hard-boiled some eggs as well. 

Happy baking!


3 comments:

  1. Yum! Do you cook your edamame? The only way that I have eaten them is at sushi places. And for some reason I am thinking they were warm (but I could be completely wrong)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mostly they're sold uncooked, but Trader Joes sells them cooked in the frozen veggie section. They usually serve them warm at sushi places, but they're really good cold too! I like them shelled, in salads. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought some uncooked. Should I just steam and then serve with a little salt?

    ReplyDelete