"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Meal Planning Made Easy- A Week of Meals!

I have written a few posts about menu planning, as well as freezer cooking. I am a huge fan of planning ahead when it comes to meals. I just feel like we eat well and I am less tempted to eat out when I have something planned. Plus, it helps so much in saving money at the grocery store!! You can read about how I menu plan in this post: Menu Making: AKA Avoiding the 5:00 Dinner Panic and freezer cooking in this post: Freezer Cooking 101.

So in the interests of encouraging you to meal plan, I am going to post a week of meals, that is, a meal plan. Sorry, but you have to do the cooking.

Day #1:
~Grilled Chicken (I usually marinade boneless, skinless breasts in lite Italian dressing)
~Brown Rice
~Frozen Corn

Day #2:
~Chicken Caesar Salad- cook and dice one large chicken breast. Toss with chopped Romaine lettuce, bottled Caesar dressing, Parmesan Cheese, and croutons. I used these homemade croutons
~Quick and Easy Cornbread
~Watermelon

Day #3:
~Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Sandwiches (made with turkey bacon)
~Strawberries
~Green Salad

Day #4:
~Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce (Trader Joe's)
~Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread
~Green Salad

Day #5:
~Crock Pot Tri Tip with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta
~Mashed Potatoes (from a box)
~Asparagus

Day #6:
~BBQ Chicken Pizza
~Orange Slices
~Green Salad

Day #7:
~Gnocchi al Forno
~Green Beans
~Buttered Bread

So there you have it!! Now you just need to make a grocery list and you're set! Plus, the extra added benefit of cooking dinner is having leftovers for LUNCH!!

Happy Cooking! (...and happy eating!)

No comments:

Post a Comment