"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Monday, June 6, 2011

Make Your Own "Macaroni Grill" Rosemary Bread!!

Have you ever eaten at Macaroni Grill?

I really like the food they serve. Well, I think I like the food they serve. Mostly, I am full by the time my dinner arrives, because I've eaten an embarrassing amount of their delicious bread, which is served with an olive oil/balsamic vinegar duo. How can you go wrong?

So I decided to make a version of the bread at home, and guess what? It tasted GREAT!!! I even made a plate with the dipping oil...


The best part was, it was easy!

Here's what you need:
  • 1 Tb yeast
  • 1 Tb sugar
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 2 1/2 (or so) cups flour
  • 2 Tb chopped fresh rosemary
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 Tb butter, softened
So you want to dissolve the yeast and sugar in the cup of warm water in your Kitchen Aid bowl, and let it bubble up:




Then add the salt, 1 Tb of the chopped rosemary, 1 Tb of the soft butter, and 2 cups of the flour:


Then put the dough hook on your Kitchen Aid and knead it for about 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make the dough pull away from the sides of the bowl and climb the dough hook. This was about 3/4 cup more flour for me.

After the kneading is done, put the dough into an oiled bowl, turning once to coat:


Then let it rise until doubled:


Then divide it into two balls and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam. I really need to buy some "blog" cookie sheets. The ones I have are embarrassing. Sheesh.

Then take the other 1 Tb of chopped rosemary, and gently press it into the top of each of the balls:


Then let them rise again, about 20 minutes or so, then bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 20 or 25 minutes.

While the bread is baking, take the other 1 Tb butter and put it in a little bowl on top of the stove, so it can melt. I added a swig of olive oil, because I like olive oil. And because butter just isn't enough fat for me, so I wanted to add more.....


You can also make the dipping oil plate. I put a few grinds of fresh pepper and a smidge of dried oregano on a salad plate:


Then poured a bit of olive oil (extra virgin) and balsamic vinegar onto the plate:


When the bread is done (see how golden and yummy the crust looks?) Give it a brush with the butter:


Then slice it up and serve it with the oil and vinegar!! My family LOVED this bread- I'll bet yours will too!!



I got this recipe from http://www.food.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment