"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Friday, May 27, 2011

Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream



Have I got your attention?? Ha ha!!

 This ice cream is DELISH!! And easy too!! Here's what you need:
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup sugar (unless you're using sweetened frozen berries, then don't add sugar)
  • 1 Tb lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup fresh strawberry puree (EASY to make!!)
  • 1 cup half and half


To make the strawberry puree, put some halved fresh strawberries in the blender (or magic bullet) with a little bit of water (I just added a few tablespoons of water, and put a bit more in if the blender would get "stuck")

This is the resulting deliciousness!! I made extra, and had some to mix with lemonade..... SOOO good!!

Philadelphia Cream Cheese is one "name brand" item that I think tastes better than the generic cream cheese.....

Fresh Meyer Lemons.... LOVE them!!!



Put all the ingredients into your blender, and process until smooth:
I had to exert extreme self control at this point. The stuff in the blender is so super yummy and tasty that I could have just put a big straw in the blender and sucked it up!

Then, refrigerate for about an hour or two. Then, process the ice cream in an ice cream maker (I have the kind that you put the canister in the freezer overnight, I LOVE it!!)

If I ever get another one, I would want the one that attaches to my Kitchen Aid, like this one: KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker Attachment 

I added some chopped fresh strawberries toward the end of the ice cream maker's cycle, it was yummy!!




This might make a nice Memorial Day BBQ dessert! You could also make a batch of the strawberry puree and make a pitcher of strawberry lemonade for your family!

Have a great holiday weekend!!!

1 comment: