"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Make Your Own Red Lobster Cheddar Garlic Biscuits

Have you ever eaten the biscuits at Red Lobster?

When Wade and I were first married, Red Lobster was my idea of a really nice restaurant. (Actually, truth be known, it's not too far from that now!)

....I guess that's what happens when you get married right after high school, right??! Ha ha.

Back to the biscuits, they are soooo delicious. Cheesy and buttery, with just enough garlic..... and they keep bringing baskets of them out with your dinner. (As though you are even hungry for your dinner when it comes....you're all stuffed full of biscuits!)





Here are the things you'll need:
(Oh, and I got this recipe from an older church cookbook a long time ago, but I copied it, by hand, into my recipe notebook and I don't remember where the recipe was originally from! So, thank you to the sweet church lady who listed this recipe!!)
  • 2 cups Bisquick
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder


So you'll want to mix up the Bisquick, milk, and cheese in a bowl. Sort of beat them until they come together and form a soft dough. I usually use a wooden spoon.


Then, drop the dough by spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. I think I usually get 8-10 biscuits out of this recipe. You can make them as big or small as you'd like!


Bake them at 450 for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned. When you take them out of the oven, mix together the butter and the garlic and brush it over the top. I usually do two coats, because that's how I roll with the butter.


Now, enjoy the cheesy, garlicky goodness.... mmmmmmm.....



Now, you can make your own, save your money, and go to a REALLY nice restaurant. You know, Denny's or something........

DINNER TONIGHT:
Cheese Ravioli (the frozen kind from Costco)
with marinara sauce (the kind in the can from Trader Joe's)
Garlic Bread
Salad

4 comments:

  1. Ok Shari. Do you read my diary or something? :)
    So my husband and I (before we were married) both worked at Red Lobster. Actually he was my trainer there. Long story short, you can imagine how many of these we ate. We are experts. I also make my own at home, and I dump a little bit of parmesan in there, too.
    We laugh a lot about how Red Lobster is "fine dining" to us....going there as a customer, and not having to pull crab leg shells out of the booths, ahhh...it's wonderful. The Cheddar Bay Biscuits are just the icing on the (crab) cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way!! Ohhhh if I worked there I would weigh 500 pounds! Parmesan sounds GOOD in these.... if I am remembering correctly, wasn't there a teeny bit a minced parsley on top too...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red Lobster Cheddar Garlic Biscuits is my favorite dish, thanks a lot for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ours too!! don't you love when you can make something your family loves? :)

    ReplyDelete