"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baking Day 1/9 Photos and Recipes

Isn't it tough getting back into the swing of things after the holidays? I have to admit, even though I have to drag myself through our routine the first week, I thrive upon routine, so I like getting back to a schedule and a predictable day.

Baking day over the holidays consisted of making a jillion pans of cinnamon rolls. That was fun. (Well, until you step on the scale after the holidays....)

Here's what I made Monday...




Then packaged them into snack-sized Ziploc bags for lunches. 


I think there are still a few bags left in the fridge- the guys LOVE these!!


I made a double batch of Soft Chewy Wrap Bread. We use these for (obviously) wraps, but also eat them with hummus as a snack, or as pizza crusts for small lunch-sized pizzas!


I made two batches of energy bars, one batch of Homemade Energy Bars, and one batch of Pumpkin Seed, Cashew, and Almond Butter Energy Bars. I love having these in the fridge as a snack or a quick after-workout refuel option. Wade likes to take these for breakfast.


I made some Quinoa and Black Beans for lunches- I am obsessed with this stuff right now, I have been eating it every day for lunch with sliced avocado. Sometimes I'll use it as filling for a burrito. It is GOOD!



I seeded some pomegranates that my friend Mickey gave me from his tree- these seeds are so good in salads or just plain for a snack!!



I made a batch of Kettle Corn and packaged it up in Ziplocs for snacks. In case you haven't noticed, I like to package things individually, or in single-serving sizes. This is good for two reasons- first, for portion control, and second, I think the boys find it easier and more appealing to eat things that they can just grab and heat or eat.

I also hard-boiled some eggs for snacks, and sliced, bagged, and froze some bananas for smoothies!

It feels so good to have food all ready to go for the week, I am glad our "normal" routine is back.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! So I can't remember if I commented before. But I'm friends with Mel and we meet for coffee every Tuesday and just this week she said " you remind me a lot of (uh it looks like you don't use your real name here), you have the same energy and both talk about food prepping and such in the same way. My husband also started the Fire Academy and she said you were with your man through the Police (Sheriff?) Academy and that you might be a good resource for me. So I thought I would just say hi and put it out there. Hope you are doing well. Maybe we can get together for coffee or something at some point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great!! I friend requested you on FB....

      Delete
    2. I saw that! :) I shall message you over there!

      Delete