"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Baking Day 1/23 Recipes and Photos

So, yesterday was a crazy busy day!! Not only was it baking day, but I totally slacked off on the weekend and did not get any chores done. So I had stacks of laundry (ugh my worst hated chore) plus a lot of tidying up to do.

I am SO glad today, though, that it is done. Now I can be on regular chore rotation without adding extra things today. (Aside from the stuff that gets added because "life happens"....)

Here's what I made yesterday!




I bought some White Whole Wheat flour to try in my wrap breads and some of my other baked goods.... tried it in the wraps and loved it!!


I made a dozen Homemade Smuckers Uncrustables... it is nice to have these in the freezer for those days when I don't feel like making lunch. 


I sliced and bagged bananas for smoothies. I have been loving this one and this one.


I made some Homemade Croutons for salads and soups this week. (And apparently, for the kids to sneak and snack on while I am baking....)


I made a double batch of Soft, Chewy Wrap Bread with the White Whole Wheat flour. I had to add a LOT of extra water, so if I was going to do it again, I would probably start with a 1/2 cup less flour than the original recipe calls for. They turned out AWESOME with the flour, tasty and still soft and chewy. We use them for pizza crusts, to dip hummus, and for turkey or veggie wraps.


I made a batch of Rice Krispie Treats and individually wrapped them for lunches. I am a huge fan of individual packaging. Easier, and built-in portion control...



I also made a batch of  Southwest Three Bean and Barley Soup to have for lunches this week. I LOVE this soup, it's cheap, easy, and very tasty!! 


I also made some Chex Mix and bagged it up in Ziploc snack-sized bags. The boys have been craving salty snacks lately, and I hate buying chips because they are so expensive. So I figured this would be good to have on hand for lunches and snacks. I just used one type of Chex, and broke up some pretzels I had on hand to make it more cheaply.



Lastly, I made a batch of Homemade Energy Bars. Wade has been having one for breakfast every day, and Christopher loves having one for a snack. So we have been going through them quickly!



I was really pleased with how the wraps turned out with the White Whole Wheat flour, and I plan on trying several other recipes to see how we like them! 





4 comments:

  1. I've been having those energy bars for breakfast too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice having something reasonably healthy to grab! :)

      Delete
  2. Me too Shari! But the almond butter version. Yummy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The almond butter version is the recipe I eat too! .... the less-sweet flavor is nice. :-)

      Delete