"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Monday, January 23, 2012

Cinnamon Bun Popcorn- Crazy Good......

This is one of those recipes that you probably have nearly everything on hand in order to make it! Which is too bad for you, because then you'll go running, eat a healthy breakfast and a nutritious lunch, and then TOTALLY blow it by stuffing down huge handfuls of this popcorn and not being able to stop eating it.....

.....oh, wait. Maybe that was me. I couldn't help it!! It's so good!!


Here's what you need to make some:
  • 12 cups popped popcorn (I popped mine from kernels, and it takes 1/2 C. kernels to get 12 cups. Or you could use microwave popcorn, but use the kind with no butter or salt)
  • 1 C roughly chopped pecans
  • 1 C brown sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup Karo syrup (or honey if you don't do corn syrup)
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) real butter
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3 squares white candy coating

First, pop the popcorn and put it into a LARGE bowl (I used my giant Tupperware fix and mix bowl. You want a really huge bowl) Then mix in the pecans.


Preheat the oven to 250. Line a large jelly roll pan or two 9x13 pans with foil and spray with Pam.

Next, get a large microwave-safe bowl (I used a 2.5 qt. Pyrex) and put the brown sugar and the cinnamon into the bowl. Use a fork or a whisk, and combine the two.


Then add the butter, cut up into chunks, and the Karo or honey:


Microwave for 30 seconds to soften the butter, then stir together to combine. Then microwave for 2 minutes, stir. Microwave for another 2 minutes. It should look bubbly like this:


Stir in the baking soda and vanilla. It will foam up a bit. I would have a picture but I was trying to move quickly and didn't take one. Pour the caramel syrup over the popcorn/pecans and stir well to make sure all the popcorn is well-coated. then pour into your prepared pan(s) and put in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 10. 




Now at this point, I dumped the popcorn out on wax paper to cool. Then, melt the white candy coating and drizzle over the popcorn with a fork. Let the candy coating harden, then break into pieces.



And eat them.



...all of them.


I gift-wrapped some for my Mother-in-Law, because it was her birthday!! :) She loved it!

This wasn't difficult at all, and makes a really awesome treat for the family, or a GREAT gift! 

I got this recipe from Our Best Bites

No comments:

Post a Comment