"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Baking Day 3/19 Recipes and Photos

Spring is here.

Is that why it is so stinking COLD?!

Ok, ok, I know those of you who live where it is actually  cold are mocking me.

I have to say, I was very pleased that it was baking day yesterday, because it gave me an excuse to run the oven most of the day!

Here's what I made:


French Toast Bagels- I made a dozen! I updated the recipe, I added a bit more sugar to the dough and made 12 instead of 15- I like the size better this way! These suckers are GOOD!! 




Baked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal- I made yet another batch of this- I still LOVE it!! I totally look forward to having it for breakfast! I added a little bit more nutmeg this time in addition to the other spice and it was super yummy and spicy!


Soft Chewy Wrap Bread- I have finally nailed down this recipe with all whole-wheat flour. I really like the texture of the wrap bread when I use white whole-wheat flour. They have a good, nutty flavor, but are still super soft and chewy. So good with hummus or for wrap sandwiches.....




I made a dozen Freezer Bean, Rice, and Cheese Burritos-- Christopher LOVES these!! He eats them for breakfast or lunch. I love having them for a quick dinner too!! I made them with an extra jalapeno this week and they tasted GREAT!


This photo is for Christopher. He loves Tapatio. I think Tapatio is gross.


My friend Susan stopped by and brought me these beautiful daffodils! It really made my day! They smell so wonderful- and they really make my dining table look cheery! I love when you get an unexpected dose of happiness in your day!



I made a Crustless Broccoli and Cheese Quiche, which was a little more done than before- I forgot to take it out of the oven before I left on my run!! One benefit to this was that I ran really fast on the way home!


Finally, I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies, and froze some cookie dough balls to bake later! I just put them on wax paper on a cookie sheet, froze them for about 2 hours, then bagged them up! They bake up perfectly, and I love having them in the freezer to pop out and bake for a quick dessert!



Happy first day of (freezing cold) Spring!

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I am definitely a new follower!!! Can't wait to try out some of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great!!!! Let me know how you like anything you make, I LOVE hearing how people like the food!! :-)

      Delete