"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Baked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal- (So good I ate it for DINNER!)

I has been a good while since I tried out a new make-ahead breakfast. So I've been looking at recipes to try and this one sounded delicious! When I baked it for breakfast, the boys and I scarfed it down, every bite exclaiming how much it tasted like pumpkin pie!



How good does that look? 


Baked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
  • 15 oz can pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 3/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
  • 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats (rolled oats)



Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together all of the ingredients except the oats.


Add the oats and mix well.


Pour into an 8x8 or similarly sized baking dish that you've sprayed with Pam.


Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then, remove foil and bake for 15 minutes more.


Scoop into bowl and serve. I served the boys' with a squirt of whipped cream. I added a tiny drizzle of pure maple syrup, but it was completely unnecessary. This stuff is completely amazing, no "extra" stuff needed!


Yum! I actually ate this for dinner the same day, because it was so good!! 

Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. just got back from the store with all the ingredients to make this for breakfast in the AM!!!! i am sooo excited! thanks for another brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete