"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:13b,14

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Make Your Own Pecan Pie Larabars!

Back when I was in the Larabar-making craze, I tried to concoct a Pecan Pie Larabar, but it never quite seemed right.

That all changed this week. I decided to give it another try. Which turned out to be a great idea!

This tastes just like the store-bought Pecan Pie Larabar, except with the same yummy, non-sitting-on-a-shelf-for-months flavor of the others!!


Pecan Pie Larabars
(Makes 4)
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped, pitted dates
  • 1/3 cup raw pecans
  • 1/3 cup raw almonds
  • pinch of sea salt (optional)



So, I measured the dates out then chopped them:


Put the nuts in the food processor, and process until they are the texture of a course meal:


If you're going to add a pinch of sea salt, do it now and pulse a few times.


Then dump the nuts into a mixing bowl and put the dates into the food processor. Process until the dates turn into a paste. They'll sort of "ball up". So you have a date paste ball. Which sounds gross, but is good.


Scrape the date paste into the mixing bowl, and mix together with your hands, or a potato masher (I don't like picking Larabar out of my nails.


After it's well combined, you're going to dump out the mixture onto a piece of saran wrap and form a brick:


I dumped the mixture onto the saran wrap, then wrapped it around the mixture and shaped it using the saran wrap. Again, not needing to get it all over my hands.


So now you have your brick, this will be cut into 4 Larabars in a little bit. But first, pop it into the fridge for like a half hour. This makes it easier to cut:



Wanted: Hand Model


After you chill it, take it out of the fridge and cut into 4 bars! Wrap them up and enjoy!!


If you're interested in making other Larabar recipes, here are the others I've made!


1 comment: